- Frozen in time: Niki FeijenPosted 986 days ago
- DIY Storage BenchPosted 1072 days ago
- Limited Edition Rug: In Love!Posted 1077 days ago
- Paper-Cutting Art By Yu Jordy FuPosted 1114 days ago
- Agape Bathrooms: Five InterpretationsPosted 1119 days ago
- Kate Hume Glass VasePosted 1131 days ago
- Windowfarms By Urban Agriculturist Britta RileyPosted 1136 days ago
- Caroma Profile Toilet Suite With Integrated Hand BasinPosted 1142 days ago
- Awesome Abigail Ahern!Posted 1142 days ago
- DING3000 Pocket ChairPosted 1143 days ago
- Gakken Premium GramophonePosted 1143 days ago
- Bio Robot, The Bio Polymer Refrigerator By ElectroluxPosted 1143 days ago
- Davide Conti, The Houdini Of ChairsPosted 1144 days ago
- Slam Dunk Living Room by Martin Building CompanyPosted 1145 days ago
- Lumio Lamp By Max GunawanPosted 1145 days ago
Cassina MYWORLD by Phillippe Stark
Cassina released a new collection, entitled MYWORLD, designed by Philippe Stark and included in the Cassina I Contemporanei Collection. The collection includes two and three-seater sofas, an armchair, chaise longue and pouf.
The following accessories have been designed to accompany the main pieces:
- a side table that can be attached to the sofa by legs in polished aluminum alloy, with five different finishings available
- an ottoman that can be enjoyed as a normal foot rest or that can also be used to hold objects with two roomy built in drawers
My World is a self-contained system that encompasses both comfort and functionality while meeting the needs of modern lifestyles and providing a degree of privacy. The following accessory items are also available:
- a box to place beside the armchair and sofas, comprising two units – one external unit with storage space on the back and an internal unit with storage space in the front and a second storage area with a pull-out tray incorporated; the box is available in three configurations – one simple and two high tech versions (with a pull out container and internal storage space and electric sockets – 110-220 V, a USB charger, a black inductive charger and Smartphone receiver
- screens to place beside the sofas and armchair to create private areas
Cassina, founded by Cesare and Umberto Cassina in 1927, launched industrial design in Italy during the 50′s. In the rich and complex turmoil of that era, the comapny was pioneering in the way it showed a striking inclination for research and innovation, working side by side with important architects and designers with differing backgrounds and encouraging them to envision fresh designs, a characteristic that still distinguishes the company today. Cassina’s identity lies in an innovative fusion that closely links technological skill with traditional passion for carpentry for which it is known worldwide and that is still the hub around which its designs are centered.
In 1964, the Cassina I Maestri Collection began and it has brought together some of the most iconic furniture by the greatest architects of modern classics working in close collaboration with the heirs and oficial foundations (Gerrit T. Rietveld, Charles R. Mackintosh, E. Gunnar Asplund, Frank Lloyd Wright, Charlotte Perriand and Franco Albini).
Today, many important Italian and international designers and architects have collaborated and continue to collaborate for the Cassina I Contemporanei Collection including: Vico Magistretti, Gio Ponti, Mario Bellini, Gaetano Pesce, Rodolfo Dordoni, Philippe Stark and Piero Lissoni.
A mesh of stimulating ideas, from which Cassina always draws the best. This transversal culture of absolute quality defines the uniqueness of each Cassina piece.
Photo source: cassina.com/myworld.