- Frozen in time: Niki FeijenPosted 1289 days ago
- DIY Storage BenchPosted 1375 days ago
- Limited Edition Rug: In Love!Posted 1380 days ago
- Paper-Cutting Art By Yu Jordy FuPosted 1417 days ago
- Agape Bathrooms: Five InterpretationsPosted 1422 days ago
- Kate Hume Glass VasePosted 1434 days ago
- Windowfarms By Urban Agriculturist Britta RileyPosted 1439 days ago
- Caroma Profile Toilet Suite With Integrated Hand BasinPosted 1445 days ago
- Awesome Abigail Ahern!Posted 1445 days ago
- DING3000 Pocket ChairPosted 1445 days ago
- Gakken Premium GramophonePosted 1446 days ago
- Bio Robot, The Bio Polymer Refrigerator By ElectroluxPosted 1446 days ago
- Davide Conti, The Houdini Of ChairsPosted 1447 days ago
- Slam Dunk Living Room by Martin Building CompanyPosted 1448 days ago
- Lumio Lamp By Max GunawanPosted 1448 days ago
Bio Robot, The Bio Polymer Refrigerator By Electrolux
In 2010 Yuriy Dmitriev, a Russian student that participated in the Electrolux Design Lab contest won the big prize with an idea of a refrigerator that looks like 2050, the Bio Robot.
Four times smaller than a conventional refrigerator, Bio Robot cools with biopolymer gel. No more shelves, no more fridge door, the non sticky, odorless gel morphs around products to create a separate pod that suspends items and keeps them fresh. With this fridge, you don’t have to freeze the meat anymore, it will be kept fresh and well in it’s own cocoon like gel chamber.
The fridge is adaptable – it can be hung vertically, horizontally, and even on the ceiling. Different sizes and dimensions allow it to perfectly fit any accordant dwelling.
Bio Robot offers cooling that does not require energy as we are used to. The same principle is applied for the Space Shuttle’s protective coating.
Looks like we will be all eating green after all!